Imagine * Create * Write.
GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT
Creating a compelling cinematic narrative can be deceptively difficult, and story structure is often one of the most challenging things for any screenwriter to master. There are no “formulas,” but there are time-tested principles which can help guide you and enable you to craft your story into its most satisfying form. This workshop will cover tools and elements critical to grounding your story in a solid screenplay structure. Learning how to successfully structure your screenplay can increase your odds of interesting agents, producers and studios in your work.
The workshop will cover the following and more:
• What movies are really about.
• The main purpose of each of the three acts.
• Keys to creating a sympathetic hero.
• The structural importance of determining what your hero wants and needs.
• How to decide if your Inciting Incident is effective.
• How to create a compelling first plot point.
• How to keep your story moving in Act II.
• The critical thing Act III must come down to.
About Diane Drake:
With her many years of experience as an industry professional–including writing seven-figure screenplays and serving as Vice President of Creative Affairs for Academy Award-winning director/producer Sydney Pollack—Diane is the ideal combination of artist meets executive meets educator.