Imagine * Create * Write.
MAKING A SCENE — Getting The Scene In Your Head Onto The Page In Its Most Power Form.
Diane Drake – instructor, author and screenwriter (What Women Want and Only You) is back by popular demand. This time to discuss how to create a memorable scene.
Have you ever read a script or watched a film and just thought ‘something is missing’ but couldn’t put your finger on it? It seemed boring or confusing? It didn’t pull you in.
It could be as simple (or complex) as the scene setting. Don’t underestimate the importance of your words on the paper. They are the instructions to the reader and audience…making the audience feel or think a certain way or look at a character in a different light. It doesn’t just happen by accident…it’s in the scene!
This workshop will include:
• Understanding the scene’s true purpose
• Nuts & bolts of scene description
• The importance of what is said (and possibly greater importance of what isn’t)
• How to take your reader into your confidence Using body language to reveal (true) character
• Effective ways to communicate exposition
• How to tell if you’ve created a strong cause & effect chain between scenes
Don’t miss out on this great workshop with Diane Drake – a writer who knows a thing or two about creating memoriable scenes.
RSVP today and guarantee your spot.
ABOUT DIANE DRAKE:
With her many years of experience as an industry professional– including writing seven-figure screenplays and serving as Vice President of Creative Affairs for Academy Award-winning director/producer Sydney Pollack– Diane is the ideal combination of artist meets executive meets educator.
Visit her website below for more information: